WiFi LoRa 32 (V3) -w- ESP32-S3

I did it somewhat differently and got it to work. the original github instructions were very out of date in the WiFi_Kit_Series repo. see https://github.com/Heltec-Aaron-Lee/WiFi_Kit_series/issues/165.

hi
I am having lora 32 wifi ble oled module v2 vesion & lora 32 wifi ble oled module v3 vesion.

v2 version board is transmitting & v3 board has to receive . v3 board is displaying waiting for lora data., where as v2 board is displaying packet transmitting. on v3 i am running factory test. will suggest me the way out . i am beginner in this field.

Assuming you are working with Heltec WiFi LoRa 32 V2 & V3 modules, I have just run up the relevant factory test sketches on each module and they are happily playing ping pong, so I think we need some more information about how you’ve set things up to get to the bottom of your particular problem.

How can I find the link to the guide to install the files to the Documents/Arduino/libraries folder? I have a ESP32 Wifi Lora, and I cant compile the v3 factory sketch.

Could someone please tell me how I get the program “WiFi_LoRa_32_V3_FactoryTest.ino”. I have installed everything I should but all I can get is “Wifi_Lora_32FactoryTest” in Examples->Heltec ESP32 Boards. This doesn’t work for my V3 because I think it is expecting the 1272 LoRa chip rather than the 1262 on the V3. All I want is the program as delivered on the V3 to check my dev environment, but now I can do anything with the V3 as I have overwritten it with what seems to be a V2 programme which fails when checking the version of the LoRa chip.

You will need both the right software environment and to have selected the correct board. If you can’t see the factory test file at: Examples > Heltec-Example > Factory_Test > WiFi_LoRa_32_V3_FactoryTest (this selected from the second ‘panel’ in the Examples drop-down menu, grey heading: Examples for WiFi LoRa 32(V3) / Wireless shell(V3) / Wireless stick lite (V3)).

If the above doesn’t show in the Examples drop-down menu, you most likely have not selected the correct board (WiFi LoRa 32(V3) / Wireless shell(V3) / Wireless stick lite (V3)). If that board is not available through the Board menu, then you probably need to check your IDE software configuration.