WiFi LoRa 32(V2) deep sleep low power test

Battery powered, an ammeter is connected in series with the positive pole of the battery, and use this example code:

The deep sleep current should close to 900uA, test results are as follows:

Because the WiFi LoRa 32 uses an external flash chip, it’s not friendly for low power design. We designed many new LoRa Nodes with good low power design, I recommend you can choose from our new LoRa Node Family: https://docs.heltec.cn/#/en/products/lora/lora_node/heltec_lora_node_list_eu

1 Like

Hello,
Thanks for showing the low power test.

Can the Wireless Stick Lite be programmed using ESP-IDF?

Thanks,
A.

The answer of your questions is yes, any ESP32 board can develop via ESP-IDF, but we don’t have support for that IDE, and we didn’t portability the LoRaWAN protocol to ESP-IDF.

Because we think many IoT developers are not a hardware engineer, so we hope to provide an object program language, users can use our hardware simply use the API we provided. So we choose Arduino

The Arduino IDE is tooooooo simple, it’s hard to develop with a complex project, that whay you don’t use Arduino, right?

You can try Sloeber: http://eclipse.baeyens.it/

Thanks for the reply. I have successfully used PlatformIO and ESP-DIF but not with LoraWAN yet. I don’t use Heltec LoraWAN but directly use LMIC library for now on Arduiono.
You are right, Arduino IDE is not suitable for complex development tasks. I mainly use it to test the boards initially.
I am very familiar with Eclipse, the plug-in seems interesting, I’ll give it a try.

Tried using the Eclipse CDT with the plugin. It’s failing to create a project. Apparently it’s an open issue. So for now, I’ll stick with the Arduino IDE. It’s simple, but rock solid :slight_smile:

Hello,

I’m getting problem in hw setup. Could anyone help me with it?

José

Why is the Arduino IDE not suitible for complex projects? Do you have a example for a project where it is hard to do this with the Arduino IDE?

I would like to get more familiar with programming and Hardware developing. Maybe i should switch to another IDE like ESP-IDF?

i am using VScode.
i like to have functions to jump directly to declerations of things or included libraries.
in vscode you can have more than one project open and switch fast between them, extremly usefull if you develop new libraries. You can have your test sketch and the library open in one IDE.
included git client is better than to do it manually with an extra task.

for bigger projects i choose VScode, just for uploading a simple script the arduino IDE is fine.

For an application developer, maybe Arduino is enough… because you just need to use the libries.

But if you need to write some driver/HAL layer code, Arduino is not enough. At least, code tracking is must.:joy:

buenas tardes le cargo el codigo a mi placa pero el consumo no baja de 12 mAh no llega a los 0.9