Wanted CubeCellFlash for Raspberry Pi (armhf)

Hi

From reading forum messages on here it seems like the only way to flash a CubeCell is using Heltec’s CubeCellFlash executable and although that is available for Linux its only available for Intel based Linux.

I would really like to use CubeCells in a project with at least a couple of hundred units where they will be, mostly, partnered with Raspberry Pi’s and I need to be able to flash them from the Pi.

We currently have a small test network running using Heltec’s ESP32 WiFi LoRa board and that is flashable from a Pi using Espressif’s esptool

I understand that CubeCellFlash is proprietary and that Heltec would have to build it for a Pi’s Raspberry OS. I appreciate that supporting yet another platform is a lot of work but the Pi is a very popular Linux platform with over 30 million units sold with a lot going to the educational market.

Thanks

Lee

I’ve just discovered it doesn’t work on a Pi. Would be good if it did. That goes for the ESP32 LoRa boards too.
Any news?

The esp32 can be programmed from a Pi

Install esptool:

sudo apt update
sudo apt install -y python-pip
sudo pip install esptool

Then program the Heltec:
sudo esptool.py --chip esp32 --port /dev/ttyUSB0 --baud 921600 xxx.ino.wifi_lora_32_V2.bin

Greeting from heltec.

Thank you for your feedback. We are interested in your ideas.

This job is arduous. but We will try your ideas in the next few weeks.