Lora V3 and Wireless Stick Lite(V3) useful pins?

I am really in wonder, since the documentation is plain absurd which pins is useful as outputs and which is reserved.
I need about 9-10 pins which i will use nonstop as output.
Which pins I can use as such on
Lora V3 with Display module
and
Wireless Stick Lite (V3) module ?

Please help.

1 Like

What documents have you looked at?

To answer your question you will need to look at the ESP32-S3 reference material from Espressif. Some pins might be exposed that can’t be used for output but can be used for input.

You might have to look at the schematic too and cross reference to the Espressif documentation.

Start with the Wireless Stick Lite because it looks like it has the most pins exposed and doesn’t have a OLED using some up.

I am not asking a general question about ESP32. I am asking quite specific question about those 2 specific boards, and since the documentation for them is practically nothing specific I were expecting to receive for any of them the pins which I can use as outputs nonstop.

1 Like

I hope this schematic can bring you some help.

This is nothing I have asked.
I can look on the schematics myself as well. they are public with the item on the same page.
I have asked for a clear answer of my question with just enumeration of the pins which can be used as nonstop outputs without any conflict with the item internal work.

That response is exactly what you need, together with putting some actual f-ing effort into it.
The schematic provides the exact pins for your board and shows that some pins have extra functions and some are completely free to use.
So now go and have a look and tell us which pins you think are available. I’ll tell you if the answer is right or not, but you got to RTFM, we’re not doing your homework for you.

2 Likes

So I got 2 kido pretenders in here which have no clue what they are speaking about, yet they just spamming posts.
If You have zero idea, and you have none knowledge on a topic, and you can not answer any of the questions - then do not post in the topic.
The question is CLEAL and literally NO ONE WANTED YOUR OPINION HERE.

The pin map & schematic is pretty much exactly like you get with Adafruit or Sparkfun and so forth, so what are you hoping for here? The documentation is not “wildly unreasonable, illogical, or inappropriate” however Heltec’s docs do tend towards “arousing amusement or derision” due to some inaccuracies.

If I have a question not readily answered by the pin-map that shows the ones broken out on the board plus the schematic to cross reference, the very first person I’d ask would be @BNS as he knows this module really well, @Ashley is staff and @dstacer’s answer is pretty much in line with where I’d start.

As I’m 2.375 times older than @BNS you are going to have to find a new insult for the kiddo bit. But I’d strongly suggest not bothering with any form of insults because not only will it not get you any answers, it won’t inspire anyone to answer any real questions you may have in the future.

1 Like

There we go again. One more pretender which have nothing to answer, but just blabing and pretend.
Let me reread where I did asked or care about your opnion ?! O YEAH ! NOWHERE !
So please stop spamming the posts of the peoples and leave these which can answer something to do so.
If anyone even was 1/1000000000000000000000000 of the professionals they claim they are - they would not waste time to spam with pretentious answers instead write a single line of numbers, which is the answer. Done. But no. Complexes must be crushed inside the forums.

1 Like

I actually come on this forum just to ask a similar question, and I got stunned how the things going on here. Good lords !

Professionals are people that invoice for their time - which I do. However I’d not take you on as a client with this sort of attitude.

You are not entitled to demand anything not already on offer - you should have checked you had what you needed before purchase. And if you are asking these sorts of questions, we run the risk opening Pandora’s box of entry level questions.

At this point I start to believe that with this ad hominem here is hiding some real big issue with the board or the chip. I cant believe as well how the things going as well.

Perhaps you should ask the question in light of the information above. Maybe you can elicit an appropriate response from people who are not obliged to answer as they are just like you, users of the product that happen to give up their time to help those that help themselves.

I hoped for something more professional here to be honest. I didn’t expected to see some guys doing forums like it’s 20 years ago. This is ridiculous !

You were the one with the kiddo attack.

If it sets your mind at rest, the Heltec LoRa V3 board has been used as a reference board for the new Semtech One Channel Hub code base - Semtech being the creators of LoRa. At The Things Conference last week one of these boards was being used for a LoRaWAN TS011 relay with a display using the LiPo.

We stopped doing other peoples homework years back. Particularly when they open with disparaging comments.

A simple “can anyone tell me what pins I can use for output” would have sufficed, better if it had included some reference to the schematic & pin map image to show some actual effort.

More from the same. No. Even more of the same.
None answers. Just putting some random stuff, like kindeplay “who father is stronger”.
This is going nowhere. A plain absurd !
Are you like the biggest time waster ever born or something ?!

We stopped doing other peoples homework years back.

At this point I wonder why You are actually keep writing in here ?!
We can get the diagrams ourselves. They are just below the product on it’s very same page.
Do You believe that we are not capable of it?
I really register to get some simple answers since I am stuck and I am not a professional in electronics or something. Not even hobbits in the field.

As You can see the best You will get here is 2-3 peoples without work stating that they are the biggest minds ever born, and keep wasting your time with it.
Actually if You were professional it would be even bigger time wasting.
As I said - this is plain absurd. I am done with this !
Maybe the controller is nothing more but a piece of junk well hoiden behind such absurdish “forum”.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: