Lora log transactions not sent to helium

Who told you they are aware of this problem? Not one person from heltec said anything about this thread. At least they could say that they are aware and working on solution. Ignoring this is just bad bussines.

Well… Obviously they are not blind nor stupid so they must be aware but good work ethic would suggest to focus on one problem at a time. Once the rssi problem is fixed and heltec would stay silence, then we can start the alarm but for now let’s just wait and see what will happen

2 Likes

Today I saved the lora log data from the past 10 hours, and started using it in excel to plot it on the PocV10 SNR limits table.

All lora data is from after the v1.2.5 update.
Of the 72 beacons (size:52) from the lora logging, only 13 were witnessed after a check in helium.hiker. (about 1 in 5, a little more than 20%)

In the table below, the blue dots are the beacons from the lora log, and the orange beacons are the ones my hotspot actually registered as a witness.

In terms of numbers of registered witnesses, I actually see no difference after the v1.2.5 update, only that the RSSI is a bit higher.

What also struck me is that I also had 1 witness who was OK with SNR/RSSI: 8.5 / -76
So this falls above the -80 limit, is that possible?

Furthermore, compared to 2 surrounding RAK hotspots, this v1.2.5 update shows no improvement, they do 2-3x as well in HTN, and 2x as much witnesses.

Notice also that the RSSI values are all messed up after 1.2.5 almost all of the witnessing has RSSI: -120 dBm which is wrong most of the time.
The change in LoRa configuration shows that it was not a really good to change the rssi like what they did.

At first sight, it looks good to me (after firmware update 1.2.6 and miner release 2021.11.30.1_GA).
RSSI ranging from -89 to -120 and most 52 transactions are also chosen by Helium as witness and is showing in the Helium explorer.
I plan to replace the stock antenna this afternoon by McGill 6 dbi and will be closely monitoring the further activities today.

1 Like

Below a scatter table of the beacons from this mornings lora log vs actual witnessed beacons of my Heltec hotspot.
Why is less then 20% witnessed? Is the Heltec dev team also investigating this issue?

My heltec is running the latest v1.2.6 and miner release 2021.11.30.1_GA, and is not having the RSSI problem.

2 Likes

30th November - SIXTEEN “52” data transactions. ONE witness.

Still an issue

And still they ignore this thread…

Here a fresh scatter table of the loralog beacons vs witnessed beacons, as you can see nearly 20% is witnessed (latest v1.26 firmware and miner software 2021.11.30.1_GA)

I hope this is gonna be fixed soon!

Over what period is this? And do you have a direct comparison as to how many witnessed beacons you have seen in the same location over the same period with a Bobcat/Sensecap for example?

Thanks!

The above timeframe was about 32h.
In 24h there were 153 beacons, only 26 were witnessed.

Looking at the situation now in about 40h: 245 beacons, only 44 witnessed (18%)
I will log like another 8h to have a valid baseline of 48h to compare later on.

I do not have any other brand hotspot to compare yet, I expect soon to have one to make even a more better comparison.

Here is the 48h logging overview. I expect to get my hands on a Sensecap M1 (8GB) today or tomorrow.
And I then will do another 48h test (after the new sensecap is settled for a few days/week), to compare the behavior/results using the exact same setup/conditions.

Thanks for all the data. I still have issues with witnessing. Only averaging one witness transaction per day

So how is the investigation going ? There are still many problems in the RSSI with wrong values. Tested with the same antenna/cable and same location with a different HS manufacturer. The earning gap and RSSI problems is huge. How is Heltec trying to sell those boxes ?

Thank you for sharing the data chris!

1 Like

Will someone from heltec answer?

We need a statement from the heltec team, we’re missing out on so much because of the current issues.

They do not see a problem

It seems that fan noise is more important than this…

Also here I have a lot of witnesses not send to helium @Supporter do you know when this will be fixed? This is happening after the 1.2.4 upgrade of the device…