Lora log transactions not sent to helium

@Supporter Could you address this problem? As I can see, a lot of people have same issue. Fix this as soon as possible. I will ask helium support aswell.

You can’t see this problem?!? Just join discord group and you will be able to see it!!! Every third post is about it. Have you got a Heltec miner? If yes, you most definitely know what I am talking about .

I have contacted helium support and I can advise you to do same. This issue must be resolved or we should have our refund.

1 Like

Absolutely agree with you

Another Update. 28th November: SEVENTEEN 52 data transactions but only ONE witness…

What is going on…

I am also having the same issue.

Lora packets size 52 are not being sent to explorer

You are in the London region, the area is flooded with hotspots over there.
Your have to compete with maybe hundreds of other hotspots to be one of the 18 witnesses when you receive a beacon. So chances are very small, so i was just wondering: what percentage of received beacons do you expect you could register as a witness?

I am also having the same issue.
Out of 19 in the last 6 hours, only 5 has been sent to explorer

Yes, I know there are a lot of hotspots in London and my expectations are in line with that.
The current witness rate has dropped off a cliff in the past few days.
It is not normal. You can see from the thread that it is not just me.
If there are hundreds of hotspots sending out beacons there are more chances to witness is there not? The downfall of having hundreds of hotspots in London is that your earn rate drops, not that there is less chance to be a witness.

Exactly, how come other hospots witness every beacon, yet my Heltec hotspot witnes only third of what is seen in lora logs. Also, its not great for Heltec not to address this thread.

Same here… In my town there are 16 hotspots that are witnessing each other pretty well. And as they are 16 no one is competing against each other to get to the 18 and yet, when I checked the lora log, I found my heltec failed to send to the network 7 out of 20 “52” size packets. Something is not right…

Understand. Thanks for your answer.

Heltec seems very busy with thread " Heltec HT-M2808 RSSI sensitivity" wich may be very close to this.

Update for the 29th November: THIRTEEN 52 Data transactions - ZERO Witnesses

1 Like

WOW. That’s brutal. Mine are doing witnessing but are missing a lot. Yours is just dead…

Yeah… that’s why I’m giving constant updates because it needs exposure. I doubt I am the only one. People who look this up will see that they are in the same boat… even if it seems like a sinking one at the moment

The problem is many people are not aware of it. They probably just assume their setup is crap and accept it as it is. They dont even know how to check the lora log to find out something’s wrong.

2 Likes

Had any response?
Heltec sucks obviously

Has anyone here already collected proof that they are not transmitted over the network?
Wireshark data for example?

Maybe they are transmitted but there is something else happening?

Well… They are working on solving the problem, so at least for now all we can do is to give them time. They are aware and trying to make it fixed. No one is Perfect, so are heltec engineers :wink:
Will give them 10 more days. If it wont be fixed I will have to cancel my 40 units order and that would be lose-lose situation for both heltec and me :confused: