HTCC-AM01: minimal Hardware Design

On HTCC-AM01 Recommended hardware design I can find the design as I would like it. The question I have is regarding the comment “For AT command usage (No Arduino support)”: is there no way to upload an Arduino Sketch with that design? Does the procedure described at 1 not work?

Best regards

Joerg

I know that there is this: https://resource.heltec.cn/download/CubeCell/HTCC-AM01_Module/HTCC-AM01_Reference_Design(Arduino).pdf
Bu I do not want the CP2102 part nor the USB/Battery circuit, and the Auto-Boot circuit only if really mandatory.

1 Like

yes, there is no way to upload an Arduino Sketch with that design

Thank you for the clarification!

I am still not sure what the minimal design is. It looks like an FTDI converter can replace the CP2102: Can we use normal USB-UART board to communicate to Cubecell
And the battery circuit is not needed. But Auto-Boot part is still needed? Where to get DTR and RTS from (I saw CubeCell Module + Custom PCB + How to Access Bootloader , but not clear from there).

Quote of Cubecell module / unable to upload sketch (solved)

To flash CubeCell module the bootloader must be activated. 
To activate it the GPIO0 must be connected to GND during startup. 
That’s the whole secret :).

yes, it still needed. where is the DTR and RTS? you can refer these:
%E5%9B%BE%E7%89%87

Without the CP2102 (as I wrote) I also do not have DTR and RTS of course.

See Can we use normal USB-UART board to communicate to Cubecell

You can use a ftdi usb serial converter for 3.3v.

The use of the arduino ide or my prebuild firmware with the configurator is possible.
Use what you like :wink:

You don’t need to use cp2102 and the auto-bootloader circuit we gave.

As long as you can ensure that GPIO0 is low when the cubecell is powered on. GPIO0 is disconnected from GND after power on.

Great, thank you!!! I will try that when I get the modules.