Heltec WiFi LoRa32 V3.2 (new revision)

I just noticed that there apparently is a new revision of the LoRa32 V3, namely V3.2.
Schematic available here. It looks like the Vext/Charging circuitry has been modified. From just looking at the schematic, I am not really sure if there’s any change to the user-side of it, but just thought I’d drop it here in case someone stumbles upon problems.

Besides that, the V3.2 schematic adds lots of missing labels, some components have seen slight upgrades or very small adjustments (compared to V3.1 schematic).

1 Like

Well, I certainly have a problem, despite doing my best to undersdtand the schematic and believing that the pins and voltage divider network are the same resistor values. I am unable to obtain a battery level using the code that works fine with V3.1.

Hi there, i’m trying to get a check of the battery charging/discharging and percentage info, my code seems to work but on the oled it shows 0% discharging so i’m not sure if its my code or the charging issue. could you share with me the working code you have for the v3.1? i’m using the same board

The pins ans resistor values are the same, but have you tried setting the ADC_Ctrl pin to HIGH instead of LOW (or reversed)? The circuitry now looks more like on the Tracker which uses inverted logic compared to the other V3 boards.

You can’t really measure the discharge rate from just the board alone - you’ll need an additional component for that (as far as I’m aware). What exactly do you want to measure/achieve?

i just want to check the battery percentage, so right now it shows that the battery is 0% charge. but clearly there is some kind of charge in the battery

Same tip as above: swap the high/low values and see if that helps.

Very grateful, that fixed the problem, which I spent hours on and gave up. Thank you very much.

1 Like