Wireless Paper sketch for TTN

Does anyone have (a link to) a sketch for using the Wireless Paper board with TTN LoRa? I would like to adjust the display text via LoRa, that’s why.

To be completely honest: the LoRaWAN implementation of Heltec sucks, is old, closed source (Mcu) and just not OK.
If you’re not in too much of a hurry, I’d suggest you keep an eye out for the RadioLib library. Beware: officially it supports LoRaWAN now since three days, but please don’t use it in its current state. Give it a week or two and it will hopefully be in a much better state (spoiler: I’m working on it too).
Note that it is a generic LoRaWAN stack, as in it has nothing to do with your display and you will need to write the part that translates from a downlink string to display update for yourself (or steal from other example sketches).

1 Like

Thank you for your message. Unfortunately, I agree with you regarding Heltec support. Designing excellent boards goes very well, but information and example sketches go less well. I will indeed exercise some patience and hope that in the future solutions will come from users who know more about it than I do.

1 Like