Wifi kit 32 v3 from amazon

I ordered this https://a.co/d/7FTjtNG and got the heltec wifi kit 32 v3 i was trying to mess with it in platformio and i cant seem to configure platformio to mess with it how do i go to configure that ive bern all over platformio githib and everything there is really no coding or examples to pull from only thinh platform io detects is that its an esp32-s3 mcu anyhelp would be great

The support of Platformio V3 has not been updated, and Arduino can now be used

I got it to work, for uploading the code anyway from platformio and visual studio code. I had no success with esp-prog for debugging, yet. It’s late for me and I am replying to this at the end of my day, but I will post what my platformio.ini settings for you tomorrow and hope it helps.

Then maybe you can help me with MY issue with this board. I cannot for the life of me get the OLED to work for me. It worked out of the box with the demo code already preloaded, but without the stock software source or anything to describe how to set up and use the OLED on this board, I’m clueless. The github I went to has only V2 and earlier, but nothing about S3 V3. sigh

This thread may contain some helpful info on using the WiFi LoRa 32 V3 OLED display.

1 Like

Thanks UniquePete for that thread!

Gothicdude1044 - Here is what I have in my platformio.ini for my project that uses the [Wifi kit 32 v3].
[env:esp32-s3-devkitc-1]
platform = espressif32
board = esp32-s3-devkitc-1
framework = arduino
monitor_speed = 115200

I was told by support that they don’t support PlatformIO yet. I burned 2 days trying to get it to work, but I didn’t discover the newer libraries that are in Github, and figuring out how to sideload those into my project. I suspect it will work, and that it is just time as the only barrier for Heltec to support PlatformIO. Given the popularity of the platform over the toy Arduino IDE, I would hope this comes soon!