WiFi Kit 32 v2 keep OLED on during deep sleep

Hi,

I’m doing a project with WiFi Kit 32 v2 in PlatformIO (VS Code) where I’m using the Arduino framework. I will connect external sensors (soil moisture sensors and temperature sensors) and send the telemetry data to GCP cloud. I’m planning to do readings and send to the cloud once per hour and the rest of the time I want the board to go to deep sleep but show the current data visible on the OLED display (e.g. last read values and battery status). The board goes to sleep as it should but I can’t get the OLED display to stay active…

I’ve tried to hold GPIO 4, 15 and 16 (the hold is successful) but the display is still not active (example of code that I tried):
gpio_hold_en(GPIO_NUM_16)
rtc_gpio_hold_en(GPIO_NUM_4)
gpio_deep_sleep_hold_en();

I’ve also tried sp_sleep_pd_config(ESP_PD_DOMAIN_RTC_PERIPH, ESP_PD_OPTION_ON);

I’m using the following code to initialize the board:
Heltec.begin(true /DisplayEnable Enable/, false /LoRa Enable/, true /Serial Enable/);

I’m wondering if it’s possible to keep the OLED on (with a static screen) when going to deep sleep?

Thanks in advance!

I am from Mexico, I am evaluating this board to a project, in my application I have de same problem that Fredde, in the past I used WifiKit 8 and I don´t have any problem with that but with this board when It entered to the deepsleep mode tha display turn off. Coud you help me please?