Wifi Kit 32 code longer work after upgrading to V3.0.0 board package and V2.0.1 library for Heltec ESP32 Series Dev-boards

I have several “Heltec WiFi Kit 32” boards and codes which were working fine before. After I upgrade to Heltec ESP32 Sereis Dev-boards V3.0.0 and V2.0.1 library, the code no longer compile in Arduino IDE. There are a lot of compiler errors when I #inlcude “heltec.h”. Any suggestions on how to solve this problem?

I’d check the examples - there are breaking changes between the library versions. So test some of the Heltec examples first and see if you can spot what has changed… I’ve noticed that Mcu functions are different, maybe something with the heltec.h as well

I tried a few examples, so far only simple sketch such as WiFi scan, blink LED, scan I2C, etc. works. I need to use the onboard 0.96" OLED display, and LoRa radio. There are a whole bunch compiler errors, as soon as I add “#include haltec.h” statement before I add any functions in the code.

Knowing Heltec, they probably just removed the heltec.h library from recent releases without saying anything… But you don’t need anything in there as such. The OLED display can be managed using the ThingPulse SSD1306.h library and the LoRa radio (are you talking about the WiFi LoRa 32 board or the WiFi Kit 32 board?) with the Sandeep Mistry LoRa.h library, assuming that you are talking about pre-V3 boards. I have never used the heltec.h library—it didn’t exist when I first started using the original WiFi LoRa 32 dev-boards, and the libraries I just mentioned have been fine for all of the V1 and V2 boards that I’ve used. And, of course, it’s useless with the V3 boards, which use a different LoRa Node chip.

Thank you very much. I managed to get the SSD1306.h library to work with the WiFi Kit 32 (V2) board from Heltec. There is one trick that I need to do: i.e. perform a reset to the OLED display (LOW on pin #16 for 100 ms) before initializing the OLED code.