Two Wireless Stick Lites - problem with one

Just started experimenting with two Wireless Stick Lites.

Loaded the LoRaSender example - set the frequency to 915 and the display to ‘false’.

This runs fine on one Wireless Stick Lite. But on the other I get this:
load:0x40078000,len:8896
load:0x40080400,len:5816
entry 0x400806ac
GuGuru Meditation Error: Core 0 panic’ed (IllegalInstruction). Exception was unhandled.
Memory dump at 0x: ffffffffffffffffffff⸮⸮⸮

The one that works has a white led that blinks - but the one that crashes does not.

Do I have a bad device - or is a bootloader issue to blame?

Have you tried running other programs? Or did you select a correct board in Arduino menu?

I have the example sketch (“LoRaSender”) that I’m running on the working Wireless Stick Lite just fine. I modified the frequesncy and disabled the display - nothing else from the example. Without changing anything - I send the code the the suspect Wireless Stick Lite and it crashes as described. Correct Board and working sketch (confirmed on the working board).

Just to try new code, I put this very simple do-nothing sketch:

#include “heltec.h”
#define BAND 915E6

void setup() {
Heltec.begin(true /DisplayEnable Enable/, true /LoRa Enable/, true /Serial Enable/, true /LoRa use PABOOST/, BAND /LoRa RF working band/);
}

void loop() {
Serial.printf(“Hello”);
delay(1000);
}

It runs fine on the working Wireless Stick Lite - but crashes like this on the suspect one:

entry 0x400806ac
Guru Meditation Error: Core 0 panic’ed (IllegalInstruction). Exception was unhandled.
Memory dump at 0x400e8520: ffffffff fff