SX1262 startup in CubeCell board V2

Hi,

I have found some weird behaviour of my cubecell ab01 (V2) while using this library (see full issue here). I believe this might be due to how the SX1262 chip is started at boot.

The SX1262 datasheet at section 9.1, says that: At power-up or after a reset, the chip goes into STARTUP state, the control of the chip being done by the sleep state machine operating at the battery voltage. The BUSY pin is set to high indicating that the chip is busy and cannot accept a command. When the digital voltage and RC clock become available, the chip can boot up and the CPU takes control. At this stage the BUSY line goes down and the device is ready to accept commands.

My analysis shows that on startup, the RADIO_BUSY pin, used by the sx1262 to indicate the internal state machine is busy, remains HIGH all the time and need goes down. Here is a very bare-bone sketch that demonstrates this:

#include "Arduino.h"
#include "board-config.h" // to define RADIO_BUSY

void setup() {
    Serial.begin(115200);
    delay(100);

while (digitalRead(RADIO_BUSY) == HIGH) {
        Serial.print("*");
        delay(100);
    }
}

void loop () {}

I would expect RADIO_BUSY to go LOW quite immediately after startup. The Wireless Stick V3 does not have the same issue.

The schematic of the AB01 does not show how and if the chip is reset after startup. Some suggestions from the engineer that designed the board would be appreciated.

Thanks