Setting up HT-M2808 hotspot gets stuck ! tips?

Hi,

I took a HT-M2808 miner from my brother and trying to register it/transfer location but it always gets stuck.

I using latest helium black wallet. deposited enough sol and hnt in it.

I am using latest helium app v1.1.4
the miner is on latest firmware: v1.4.6

I can connect via web interface and can connect via BT.

I found out that trying to register it/transfer location using wifi is useless and just gets stuck. and gives this error:

invalid link - unable to add this hotspot to the helium network. contact
heltec to troubleshoot this issue

So i moved to ethernet on the hotspot, this still gives the same error on trying to register.

But if i try to transfer location, the wizard actually finds the location, says it will cost 10$ (no problem i have enough sol/hnt in the wallet) and then gets to the screen:
“update location ?” with a ‘cancel’ and ‘confirm’ button. i can click the ‘confirm’ many times but it will not go ahead from this screen and seems stuck.

Help ? Tips ?

Another note is this hotspot worked on solana previously at my brothers house.

Hi,

After problem with FW upgrade I contacted support and they are great, sorted this out in one day, and now I’m stuck just like you - Can’t add heltec. Again contacted them and here is the reply:

I have provided feedback to the relevant responsible personnel, and you can try setting the location using other maker apps.

Tried with sensecap, cause I’ve got those too - still no luck. Hotspotty connect doesn’t support adding Heltec.

I hope new update will fix this.

https://resource.heltec.cn/download/APP/
Latest version V2.1.0 finally fixes the problem with adding the miner to network and wallet