RTC memory in HTCC-AB02A

Hi,

Maybe it´s a silly question, but is there any kind of RTC memory in the HTCC-AB02A? I would like to store my data before transmitting them via LoRaWan. Any hints?

Regards,

Eduardo Bastos

HTCC-AB02A will not lose data during sleep.

Hi @shaffer,

But imagine a scenario on which I loose LoRa conectivity (the gateway or Internet access is down, for instance during several measurements). How can I store those measurements (of couse, with timestamps) in order to transmit them after the conectivity goes up? I know I could use the Flash memory, but is there some kind of RTC memory in HTCC-AB02A?

Regards,

Eduardo Bastos

Hi @elbastos,
There is actually support for the Arduino EEPROM Library which you can use for persistent storage.

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your reply. The issue I´m working on is how to implement a ringbuffer to store measurements that could not be sent due to Internet or gateway outages. The EEPROM, afaik, is used mainly to store values as configuration parameters, keys for authentication, etc, and is not intended to be written frequently. I´m focusing on implementing a ringbuffer in the flash memory of the HTCC-AB02A. I know the drawbacks of writing several times in flash memories, but this is a requirement of my project.

Regards,

Eduardo Bastos