Problems since 0.0.5 - ABP and non-Sleeping

Hey @Aaron

I’m seeing two issues since changing to the current github version (0.6 AT, etc) from ~0.0.4 on my dev board.

1. ABP doesn’t seem to be working. The keys are correct in the startup messages, the debug messages says it’s sending, but the gateway never gets anything. Reverting the code to my 0.0.4 version works fine – it’s not a hardware issue. Changing to OTAA gets (at least) the join messages being sent, I didn’t have valid keys for beyond that at the time.

I reverted to using @wasn 's GPS example (/w LoRaWAN) and the correct keys, and still nothing on ABP. Weird. Does it work for you?

1. LoRaWAN.sleep() isn’t optional anymore. TX Timeout occurs if it’s not called, but I don’t want to sleep when I’m using softSerial. This is a change from 0.0.4 at least, was it intentional?

Thanks,
Bruce

Thank you for your info. I will look into this now.

Hi @bwooce

I tested the ABP mode just now. It working well at my side. Did you clear the Frame counter in your server when the ABP mode begin?

Sorry for my poor English, I’m not very clear what this mean.:sweat_smile: We didn’t fix any thing with the LoRaWAN.sleep()

Abp is working here without problems

Thanks to you both. Must be a local issue then, thanks for the confirmation on that. The packet doesn’t even get heard by the GW so it’s not a frame count issue. And reset it too :slight_smile:

@Supporter The sleep issue I’m seeing is that if you take the LoRaWAN example and comment out the sleep() then the .send()s will fail with a TX timeout. It didn’t used to do this.

I don’t want to sleep in this case because there are sensors to monitor and power saving isn’t an issue.

(I guess if ABP isn’t working properly I should suspect the whole setup, but I’d be thankful if you can give it a try)

if i understand it right the sleep is needed for the timing.
without the sleep i get the problem that the node sends without waiting the dutycycle time

If your system don’t need sleep, why not choose Class C?