Lora Node 151 - poor RSSI with Lorawan example code

Hi everyone!

I am new to Lora and Lorawan, so still have a lot to learn, but I could not find a solution to a strange problem: If I download the basic hardware test code to two pieces of Heltec lora node 151 (one sender and one receiver/sender) they work well, they could communicate 700-800 meters away from each other (or maybe more, but this was my test distance).

But when I tested this node with TTN (dowloaded the lorawan example code and set everything for TTN as described) I could send data to the network (it appeared in TTN) but the RSSI is extremely poor, it was -110 when 5 meters away from the gateway (I tested it with other 151 node as well). The gateway is working well, so I guess it is a software issue. Or is it possible that the Lora Node 151 is simply not compatible with my gateway?

Sorry, when we were designing the new version of Node151, we only exported PA_BOOST pin, but the output below 14dBm in the standard LoRaWAN protocol was not output through PA-BOOST. I think this is a design error of ours, and I would like to express it again apologize.
But you can still get around this problem with code. You need to modify the uint8_t SX1276GetPaSelect (uint32_t channel) function in line 153 of the sx1276-board.c file to change all outputs to the PA-BOOST pin.QQ%E6%88%AA%E5%9B%BE20200116110314

Thank you for your support of our products.

Great! Thank you for your answer. I modified the code as you suggested and now it works well with good RSSI values.

Hello,
I have a very similar issue with the Lora_Node_151_LoRaWAN_V1.2.raw example code. Hardware Version: 2.2.
Messages from node to a gateway in only 1 meter distance arrive only very sporadically. Maybe 1 out of 100 message arrives.
Joining to TTN thus takes many retries but works at some point. RSSI is very low ~-110 if a package arrives. I use a Dragino LIG 16 Gateway and it works flawless with other nodes.

I already checked the function SX1276GetPaSelect() but this already seems to be correct in the software version V1.2.

I tested this with two similar Lora 151 Nodes. Both behave very similar. I thus suspect a software configuration issue.

Does someone have any idea?

Thanks & Regards

Is someone using the Lora Node 151 in combination with the LoraWAN example code V1.2 and got a normal RSSI value at the receiving side?
Are there any modifications necessary?