Inconsistent architecture settings

Together with several users in this forum I’m annoyed about the following compiler warnings:

WARNING: library LoRa claims to run on ASR650x-Arduino architecture(s) and may be incompatible with your current board which runs on CubeCell architecture(s).
WARNING: library RGB claims to run on ASR650x-Arduino architecture(s) and may be incompatible with your current board which runs on CubeCell architecture(s).

This seems to be due to inconsistent architecture settings.

The library.properties of all included libraries contains:

architectures=ASR650x-Arduino

However, the package_CubeCell_index.json file contains:

“architecture”: “CubeCell”

I am not certain if there are other locations to specify the given hardware architecture. The package contains a directory “cores/asr650x”.

I would propose to change the architecture consistently to “ASR650x” and include that setting also in the build parameters of platform.txt:

compiler.cpreprocessor.flags=-DARDUINO_ARCH_{build.arch} […]

hi,

we have tried your suggestion.But not success. Any suggestion?

BTW, is it git version?

Seems to be more complex than I thought. I’ve originally installed 1.2.0 with board manager (Arduino IDE 1.8.13, Windows 10). Then I get the following message on compile:

[...]
Using board 'CubeCell-Board' from platform in folder: C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\CubeCell\hardware\CubeCell\1.2.0
Using core 'asr650x' from platform in folder: C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\CubeCell\hardware\CubeCell\1.2.0
[...]
WARNING: library RGB claims to run on ASR650x-Arduino architecture(s) and may be incompatible with your current board which runs on CubeCell architecture(s).

When I remove that platform and instead clone the github repository, I don’t get the warning, even when checking out the tag “V1.2.0”.

When I change package_CubeCell_index.json to a different architecture, the Arduino board manager will install it in a different location. This has the same effect as installing the github clone.

Using board 'CubeCell-Board' from platform in folder: C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\CubeCell\hardware\ASR650x-Arduino\1.2.0
Using core 'asr650x' from platform in folder: C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\CubeCell\hardware\ASR650x-Arduino\1.2.0

I’ve created a pull-request, but it will have consequences for your delivery chain and the board manager: https://github.com/HelTecAutomation/ASR650x-Arduino/pull/171