HTCC-AB02S - GPS info?

Hi team,

The AB02S board has a GPS on it, the Air530.

1. Question from another thread: The Air530 says it supports GPS/GLONASS/Beidou/Galileo/QZSS/SBAS, at least in some places on the internet. Specs say only GPS and Beidou?

2. It also appears to have a PCB antenna of some kind on the upper left on the GPS side. Is this a GPS antenna (it’s pretty small, hence my doubt)?

2a. If I use the external GPS antenna, is there something to remove/switch to disable the internal one?

1. Antenna connectors for LoRa and for GPS are on each side of the board, back to back?

2. Deep Sleep power consumption on the main page is 50ua (I assume due to the GPS?). The specs page says 3.5uA, so that needs updating.

Great board, looking forward to getting them.

Regards,
Bruce

1 Like

that is the GPS antenna.

connecting an external antenna should be as easy as just connecting it.
normally you dont have to change a thing.

Hi @bwooce

Yes, the Air530 module on the internet may not very accuracy, as we tested, only GPS and Beidou supported. BTW. if support “GPS/GLONASS/Beidou/Galileo/QZSS/SBAS” so many mode, the price can’t be so low :smile:

There already have a small antenna for GPS on the PCB, anyway, the GPS in your phone must be very small too.

The power features can’t be so low is because of the GPS mode in deep sleep have a higher electric current.

Users can connect a external antenna here to get better signal:

Thanks @Supporter and @wasn - looks like a perfect ttnmapper node in the making too.

I will look for a decent Air530 spec/instruction sheet.

http://www.openluat.com/Product/gps/Air530.html

Ist only a Firmware in the Air530!

Galileo supports a higher accuracy, that is the future!

E_T