Htcc-ab02s GPS exampe stops working after some hours

Guys, please. Could u look this?

I solved my problem by switching from Lorawan_App to Lorawan_ Minimal. Since then the app runs without problems for a long time.

Please tell me where I can find Lorawan_Minimal. I could not find it by searching on this site or github.

Thanks

Sorry, your mail was in my spam filter:
You find it under:

Best regards
Jakob

Hello,
i have the same problem and only change #include “Arduino.h” to #include “LoRaWanMinimal_APP.h”
doesn’t help.
What did you exactly change?

I`m using software serial and is working. But I cannot use many function implemented already for hardware serial.

#include "softSerial.h"
#include "CubeCell_TinyGPS++.h"

TinyGPSPlus gps;
softSerial  ss(UART_TX2 /*TX pin*/, UART_RX2 /*RX pin*/);

@heltec @heltec369

Guys from heltec you should fix it or provide a nice library using software serial. We need at least a feedback about this.

1 Like

@heltec @heltec369
… please fix this problem!

@heltec @heltec369

Did anybody get this to work? I’m having the same problem with an AB02s V1.0 and V1.1 onboard gps on cubecell version 1.3.0 and 1.4.0. The device always gets stuck between 5 and 13 gps iterations after the message “GPS current baudrate detecting…”. There is also a GitHub issue #230 about this problem.

It seems, that Heltec isn’t interested to find a solution for this problem!
They earned more money when selling new boards…
:angry:

1 Like

@Supporter @heltec
Is there maybe a way to disable the GPS baud rate detection on the AB02s on cube cell version 1.4.0? I’m just guessing but it seems since the function for setting the UART speed came with cube cell version 1.3.0 it created the crash after couple GPS iterations.

… in the new CubeCell Version 1.5.0 no change, same problem!
:frowning:

We will fix this problem as soon as possible.

Who is we?
As soon as possible? This problem exists since 1 year!
The htcc-ab02s is with this problem for me unusable…

2 Likes

I did not just include MinimalLora (in my Program, not in Arduino.h), I coded my program like a minimal lora example.

Hi Folks.

Can anyone explain in detail how to get this sketch to work permanently?

Regards
Martin

If you’re using Platformio, just change the line in platformio.ini from “platform = asrmicro650x” to “platform = heltec-cubecell”.

The asrmicro650x platform contains the error which is now deprecated.

This needs to be done manually because Platformio automatically selects asrmicro650x when setting up a new project with this board.

1 Like

HTCC-AB02s with GPS_Air530.h
I have been trying to find a solution to this issue of the GPS example freezing after about 4~5 cycles. I am not sure exact what is going on but I have found my own work around. It may not suit people because it will affect the battery consumption. I have just commented out the sleep command. So far it has run continuously since…

LoRaWAN.displayAck();

// LoRaWAN.sleep();

break;

I hope this helps. I am totally frustrated by the lack of a documented solution to this by Heltec or in the forums.

GPS works if you only use it by itself, try that first. exclude all other pins and dont use display
I purchased this board specifically for its built-in GPS feature, but it has become apparent that this very feature does not function properly. Heltec products have with virtually no documentation—only some basic, undocumented source code examples.

While a totally agree on bad support and non-existent documentation, I’d like to vouch for the hardware - the product itself is actually good. But it does require digging in and investing time and skills to get them to do exactly what you want, which usually involves getting rid of all their own libraries and just regarding it as some plain hardware.