HT-M00 Run chirpstack GW bridge and Chirpstack Network Server on local linux device

Hello,
I am wanting to run the Chirpstack GW bridge and Chirpstack Network sever on a local LAN Linux device (so that the entire network both GW and Network server is private).
Is it possible to provide guidance on how this can be accomplished.
From looking thru the documentation, it appears that this should be possible, but I am not sure.
For instance, in the Heltec documentation ( https://docs.heltec.org/general/subscribe_mqtt_messages.html)
it states it should be possible to subscribe to MQTT topics. This example is for the HT-M02 GW. Is it possible to perform the same functions for the HT-M00 GW
Any assistance/input is most appreciated
Thanks
Victor

HT-M00 is not linux.

Hello,
Not planning on running the chirpstack GW bridge and Network server on the HT-M00. I want to run the GWB and network server on a separate ( local ) linux device that the HT-M00 will communicate with ( instead of connecting with an internet hosted network server).
Is this possible
Thanks

This idea is possible.

Hi, I’m not familiar with the HT-M00 but here is the basic architecture of the Chirpstack server

Gateway - contains in most cases the packet forwarder and the gateway bridge, it is, however, possible to only have the packet forwarder installed. In this case, the GW bridge can run on any other network-connected device. The Gateway bridge communicates with the chirpstack network server over MQTT. However to make sense of the data it needs to be decrypted.

In any case where ever the Gateway Bridge runs it is still private.
I have attached an image showing how a normal setup works. As I said the Gateway bridge can also run on the Linux server it does not have to run on the gateway itself but this will not make any difference as to whether it is private or not.

I just had a quick look and now understand why you asking the question.
The HT-M00 only runs the Packet Forwarder which communicates via UDP with the Gateway bridge.
If this is not some custom Forwarder Chirpstack should be able to deal with this, my guess is the Semtech packet forwarder is used. The configuration will need some adjusting as you only have one up-link and one down link channel. @Heltec which packet forwarder is used?

Cheers

Yes, you are right. M00 can only be used for forwarding data.

Hi Guys,
Thanks for your replies. I just now received my MT00 units and will be attempting to setup the Linux device.
One question I had is :
In the config of the MT00, it mentions two channels
CH0 and CH1
Is the CH0 used for both receive and transmit on the LoRa end device/node. Is there any reason to prefer to use CH0 vs CH1 on the end device nodes ?
Thanks
Victor

CH0 and CH1 are used simultaneously.