How to be powered by battery on AB02S

I connect a battery through SH1.25-2 and shorten Vs and Vin. I powered by USB for a long time such as 10 hours. When I disconnect USB, AB02S turns OFF. How can I keep powering by the battery? It seems I am missing something or misunderstand. I believe I did reasonable amount of research in this forum.

hi,

Please make sure the battery voltage is sufficient.

Yes, the battery has sufficient voltage, 3.9v. I measured on SH1.25-2 connector. I have 2 AB02S. Both has the same symptom with 3.9v battery. Let me change my question. Without any other modification/connection than the battery through SH1.25-2, AB02S is powered up?

We’re using about 40 AB02Ss with batteries without any problem, seamlessly switching between either USB, Vin or battery connected to SH1.25-2 connector on the bottom. There is no other modification whatsoever.

The orange LED should light up when the battery is charging.

Maybe shortening the Vs and Vin might be the problem?

Hope this helps!

Gašper

1 Like

Thank you for reporting your success story.

What firmware/software do you run? I run SoftRF.

The AB02S (rev. of year 2020) has nothing wrong to me when switching power from battery onto USB, then back onto battery.

Thank you Linar.
I conclude I have 2 bad batteries.
When the battery is NOT connected, SoftRF reports 4.1V. When connected, it becomes NA. It means the battery voltage is less than 1.8v. I believe I charge the battery through USB enough long time.