Heltec Wireless stick V2 just blinks, no serial output

Hello, I just received new Wireless Stick Lite V2, but I don’t get any serial output from it. I can’t even upload anything to it. Only thing that happens when I plug it into the computer is that the LED starts blinking (3-5 fast flashes and then pause, sometimes only fast blinking for a while). Does anyone know how to fix this or what is wrong?

EDIT: I had one V2 previously that worked just alright with the same setup.

Do you mean a Wireless Stick Lite V3? If so, maybe check out this thread:

No, I mean V2. The V3 I have works alright.

OK. I have two of what I believe were the original Panda boards (I wasn’t aware there ever was a V2) and, apart from the fact that the horizontally mounted RST/PRG buttons tend to part company with the board, I don’t recall having any problems with them. But you’ve also had one previously, that worked, so that comment probably isn’t much help…

By V2 I mean the original ones (these), I call them that way to distinguish them from V3 and also they have V2 written on them.

Well, there you go. That’s what mine look like, although mine don’t have V2 anywhere on them. There were obvious changes between the different WiFi LoRa 32 boards (V1, V2 & V3), and internal changes been the V2 and ‘V2.1’ boards, but I’ve never seen a WSL pinout diagram labelled “V2” or any mention of changes between the board illustrated and one that has “V2” on it. So who knows what’s going on there… The WiFi LoRa 32 V2.1 board was a bit of a ‘stealth’ release, with no ‘fanfare’ on Heltec’s part and no obvious physical difference between it and the V2 board (it was also just labelled “V2”), but internally some processor GPIOs were used differently, which caused a bit of a problem for some users.

That doesn’t sound like the sort of thing you’e seeing, but who knows… Do you recall whether or not your earlier board also had the “V2” on it, or is it just that it looked the same? (My boards look exactly the same as the ones in the link you provided, but I don’t see “V2” on either those or mine).

I have the V2.1 you mentioned

My previous board had the V2.1 as well on them, so I don’t think the problem will be there.
I contacted the Heltec support with my problem, so I hope they can help me.