Heltec WiFi LoRa 32 (V3) Sketches & OLED not working

It would really help if Heltec would provide some decent documentation, but whether or not it was intended to be, there are countless accounts on this forum of the heltec.h/heltec.cpp library simply not being compatible with the V3 boards. For the OLED display, use the Adafruit or ThingPulse SSD1306 libraries (they’re both available within the Arduino IDE).

Por acaso comprei dois iguais a esse e estou a 3 dias tentando solucionar esse erro.

“completely new designators” Perhaps Heltec with a new product name like WiFi-LoRa-32-S3/1262
ECO changes is a version update, new processor and communication chip if a new product.

Yes this was very disappointing, I have a system setup that took a long time to write the code for and was told that these bo0ards would be supported and available into the future, as a result when my client wanted some more units I ordered a bunch of the v3 boards as v2 no longer available and now have to completely rewrite the system to suit. as you said, this should have been designated as a completely different product. when it was stated it was pin compatible I assumed it would plug and play on the v2 code as well. My mistake

I’ve been struggling this for a few days, and I finally got it to work. Apparently the Linux for Arduino IDE was the culprit. I’m using Ubuntu 22.04 LTS and have tried both the app-image and the binary. As discussed above, both successfully compiled and uploaded the sketch. But nothing happened on the OLED. So I tried Windowz 10 virtual-box image on my Linux desktop, and it works fine.