Heltec WiFi LoRa 32 (V3) Sketches & OLED not working

First Select Tool --> Board —> Heltec ESP32 Series Dev Board --> Select “Wifi LoRa 32 (V3)”

Now
Select Examples --> Heltec Example --> Factory_Test --> select Wifi_LoRa_32_V3_FactoryTest

ready.

Followed @yilberrojas advice. But as per the prior post I made with @UniquePete, this is the initial and final state of the device when running the Factory_Test script for V3. Nothing really happens between these states.

  1. press the reset button

  2. if the problem persists you should add:
    void setup(){
    Mcu.begin();
    }

Did a press of the RST button but nothing happened.

I uploaded V3 factory test sketch with Mcu.begin(); - nothing happened again.

Same as the first picture above.

Could it be related to the USB power connected to my Heltec?

image

I also used USBDeview to check the COM8 port and it gave me this:

image

Power: 100mA
USB Version: 1.10

Open the serial port and check the output.

#include “Arduino.h”
//#include “WiFi.h”

#include “LoRaWan_APP.h”
#include <Wire.h>
#include “HT_SSD1306Wire.h”

SSD1306Wire factory_display(0x3c, 500000, SDA_OLED, SCL_OLED, GEOMETRY_128_64, RST_OLED);

void setup() {
factory_display.init(); //
factory_display.flipScreenVertically(); //
factory_display.setFont(ArialMT_Plain_16); //
factory_display.drawString(0, 0, “Heltec!”); //
factory_display.display(); // Muestra el contenido de la pantalla OLED
}

void loop() {
// Nada más que hacer en el bucle principal
}

try this code

Verify and Upload were successful but nothing happened

Still same as before.

It must be the board, because it should work. I have one with that version and it works perfectly

what were your hardware specs i.e. linux/win11/win10, etc. ?

I got the board on Heltec’s AliExpress site. Do you know if they do replacements?

Arduino IDE 2.0.4 and win10

i bought it on amazon

I have the same problem, I bought the V3 board and it doesn’t compile, the only way was to change the “if” in “heltec.ccp” where “wifi_lora_32_V2” to “wifi_lora_32_V3” then the display worked but LoRa32 doesn’t work and wifi doesn’t work either

It would really help if Heltec would provide some decent documentation, but whether or not it was intended to be, there are countless accounts on this forum of the heltec.h/heltec.cpp library simply not being compatible with the V3 boards. For the OLED display, use the Adafruit or ThingPulse SSD1306 libraries (they’re both available within the Arduino IDE).

Por acaso comprei dois iguais a esse e estou a 3 dias tentando solucionar esse erro.

“completely new designators” Perhaps Heltec with a new product name like WiFi-LoRa-32-S3/1262
ECO changes is a version update, new processor and communication chip if a new product.

Yes this was very disappointing, I have a system setup that took a long time to write the code for and was told that these bo0ards would be supported and available into the future, as a result when my client wanted some more units I ordered a bunch of the v3 boards as v2 no longer available and now have to completely rewrite the system to suit. as you said, this should have been designated as a completely different product. when it was stated it was pin compatible I assumed it would plug and play on the v2 code as well. My mistake

I’ve been struggling this for a few days, and I finally got it to work. Apparently the Linux for Arduino IDE was the culprit. I’m using Ubuntu 22.04 LTS and have tried both the app-image and the binary. As discussed above, both successfully compiled and uploaded the sketch. But nothing happened on the OLED. So I tried Windowz 10 virtual-box image on my Linux desktop, and it works fine.

Hello!!! I had the exact same problem than you, same light and nothing would turn on, i was using it with the esp-idf and i turned it on once so it was weird because ofc the screen wasnt broken. now ive been spending DAYS trying to figure this out and i could figure it out 2 mins ago. basically the filmware on your board is probably corrupt and you need to wipe it, ive been trying to reset my board but it didnt work, now go to Meshtastic Web Flasher and select the board you have, then press flash button and flash filmware. that did it for me, once that was done i could go back to arduino and use my own script to use the screen, dont forget to put the com youre using for it, it will pop out after you press start.
I really hope this helps you even tho it was years ago lol or anyone trying to solve the same problem.

Good luck!