Heltec HT-M2808 RSSI sensitivity

Any update on this issue?

Please update your customers. Nobody knows what you are doing in the background??

1 Like

Yes guys, i can confirm that, there is a problem with the Heltec miners, if any admin see this (@Mikmacs @Allen_) please make a firmware update. So the problem is that when the wireless router is restarting and gets another public IP, the Heltec miner listen addr does not update with the new IP, it stuck with the old IP and the miner cannot communicate with the Helium Network

I have a static IP. So probably mutiple issues… but who knows, since Heltec doesn’t seem to have access to their forum.

It looks like our problems may be solved soon!

1 Like

I’ll be interested how they will roll this out. Many miners have changed hands.

I’m not sure how they will do it.
When syncrobit realized their miners may easily overheat, they offered free repair kit, but only to original buyers. All others (including second hand buyers) could buy the kit for 30USD.
I think, the Heltec should at least offer free new hardware kit to the original buyers (email addresses).

1 Like

Mikmacs said on discord that you will only have to provide hotspot details (I suppose MAC addresses and name or something like that) to get the upgrade.

1 Like

Thanks @crey. I missed that post. I hope they will make an announcement there for us all to see so we can’t miss it :slight_smile:

Hey all,

I noticed a lot of people still waiting for confirmations, I’ve received the following statement from Heltec:

Looks like they have resolved the issue with miners ordered from December.

So which alterations are exactly made to the updated version of the HT2808? I read on Discord they replace the LoRa baseband SX1308 + SX1257 chipset with better suiting hardware?

Looking forward to reviewing the new technical datasheet and specs.

I’m happy that Heltec is responding to emails quickly now regarding this matter. I still have faith!

Is there a way to check via Serial number if you have an updated version or a version that will need ‘help’.

I still have days of absolute flatlining. Sometimes up to 16hrs of inactivity while nobody else around me seems affected (unless also a V1 Heltec owner sometimes). I can see in the Lora logs that I AM having data 52 packets, witnessing, happening very frequently but nothing is being registered on Explorer etc.

Not sure what happened but it has been like this for weeks. I can have “normal days” and really active days and then suddenly absolute flatline for over half the day. Yet apparently getting witnesses that are not counted

2 Likes

im experiencing the exact same thing. It worked perfectly for 2 weeks, then upgraded to 8db outdoor antenna at 12m. And now its flate lined, since one or two weeks.

Probably tried everything but I’m not getting any results. Last activity now was 23h ago. And this happens a lot. Lora logs show lots of activity, but nothing in the helium app or wallet.