Epaper and CubeCell HTCC AB-01 board in Arduino

I’m trying to use a epaper screen with the HTCC AB-01 CubeCell board in Arduino, with an eink screen, driven by GxEPD library.

My problem is that I got a SPI problem, probably due to the fact that the board uses SPI to also communicate with its LoRa module (see log at the end of my message).

How may I fix that to be able to use the eink screen on the module (And LoRa with it in the future)?

Eink screen is wired through:
CS = GPIO3
DC = GPIO5
RST = GPIO4
BUSY = GPIO0
DIN = GPIO1
CLK = GPIO2

Is this wiring correct?

Thanks for your help.

Arduino: 1.8.13 (Linux), Board: "CubeCell-Board, REGION_EU868, CLASS_A, OTAA, ON, UNCONFIRMED, OFF, ON, ACTIVE, None"
 [...]
/GxEPD_HelloWorld_cubecell_ecran_eink_JP.ino.ino.cpp -o /tmp/arduino_build_180193/sketch/GxEPD_HelloWorld_cubecell_ecran_eink_JP.ino.ino.cpp.o
    In file included from /home/nicolas/Arduino/libraries/GxEPD/src/GxIO/GxIO_SPI/GxIO_SPI.h:8,
                     from /home/nicolas/Arduino/GxEPD_HelloWorld_cubecell_ecran_eink_JP.ino/GxEPD_HelloWorld_cubecell_ecran_eink_JP.ino.ino:7:
    /home/nicolas/.arduino15/packages/CubeCell/hardware/CubeCell/0.0.5/cores/asr650x/SPI/SPI.h:29:7: error: redefinition of 'class SPIClass'
     class SPIClass
           ^~~~~~~~
    In file included from /home/nicolas/Arduino/libraries/GxEPD/src/GxEPD.h:17,
                     from /home/nicolas/Arduino/GxEPD_HelloWorld_cubecell_ecran_eink_JP.ino/GxEPD_HelloWorld_cubecell_ecran_eink_JP.ino.ino:3:
    /home/nicolas/.arduino15/packages/CubeCell/hardware/CubeCell/0.0.5/cores/asr650x/SPI/SPI.h:29:7: note: previous definition of 'class SPIClass'
     class SPIClass
           ^~~~~~~~
    In file included from /home/nicolas/Arduino/GxEPD_HelloWorld_cubecell_ecran_eink_JP.ino/GxEPD_HelloWorld_cubecell_ecran_eink_JP.ino.ino:7:
    /home/nicolas/Arduino/libraries/GxEPD/src/GxIO/GxIO_SPI/GxIO_SPI.h:39:5: error: 'SPISettings' does not name a type
         SPISettings _spi_settings;
         ^~~~~~~~~~~
    Using library GxEPD at version 3.1.0 in folder: /home/nicolas/Arduino/libraries/GxEPD 
    Using library Adafruit_GFX_Library at version 1.10.1 in folder: /home/nicolas/Arduino/libraries/Adafruit_GFX_Library 
    Using library Adafruit_BusIO at version 1.5.0 in folder: /home/nicolas/Arduino/libraries/Adafruit_BusIO 
    exit status 1
    Error compiling for board CubeCell-Board.

hi,

we will update e-ink code for CubeCell recently.

Hi,
Where and when will I be able to find it?

Thanks.

hi,

About 10 days later, we will update on github.

hi,

we have updated the code in github.

Hi @jasonXu thanks a lot. Is this compatible with a simultaneous use of the LoRa chip? My objective is to retrieve data from LoRa and display it on the eink screen.

sure, Use lora to transfer data first, and then use the e-ink screen. There is no problem

Okay for pin 16 (Vext Control ?), but which ones are 22, 18, 23 and 5?

hi,

please refer these:

DEPG0290BxS75AFxX_BW epd290bw(GPIO1, GPIO2, GPIO3, GPIO5, UNDEFINED, SPI_NUM_0, FREQUENCY);//reset_pin, dc_pin, cs_pin, busy_pin, clk_pin, spi_num, frequency

Hi kalon33
I also have planned to download lora data using AB-01 and display on a eink Display. Were you able to get it work?
Best regards, Ruedi

Hi Ruedi,

No, I haven’t been able to make it work yet. But I didn’t had much time to spend on it in the last months unfortunately.

Did you have found a solution for you?

Best regards.

Hello

Anyone managed connect AD01 to e-ink ?
I dont know even how to wire them correctly,

Can someone let me knoow how to wire ? it

There are pin on E-ink
Busy----?
CLK----?
CS-----?
SDI----?
DC-----?
GND—GND
VCC - VEXT

@kalon33 @Ruedi_68 maybe you Guys were managed to connect it correctly ?