CubeCell (HTCC-AB01) distance

Hi
Last weekend i made some tests with two CubeCell DevBoards (HTCC-AB01).
I used the example code from Github (ASR650x-Arduino/libraries/LoRa/examples/LoRaBasic/LoRaSender/LoRaSender.ino and LoRaReceiver/LoRaReceiver.ino) and changed the freq. to 868MHz.
On my free-view tests i never reached more than 200m, also not with SF10, 11 or 12. I also lost the connection by placing the sender only one floor lower than the receiver.
With TTN Uno (PCB-Antenna) or Seeed Boards (simple wire antenna) i can easily send over 2km.
The Board / Modul is useless like this. How can i improve the sending distance?
Thanks
David

200meters are far to short.
How have you powered the Boards?
What antennas did you use?

It doesn’t matter if usb powered or with LiPo, i have the same result. The voltage seems to be stable during sending.
I tried it with the “original” antenne and with a 8.6cm wire ~-80dB at a distance of 3 metres…

Edit:
Could the reason be a frequency offset? How can I find out?

Impossible to be so close distance.

Can you please update a picture of your board and antenna? I’m worried that my colleague or agent may have wrongly sent you the 470MHz version

If i change to 433MHz i have -103dB on 3m. --> seems to be the right ones.

I have only this two for testing, maybe one is a bad one…?
But i’m happy if this is not standart :smiley:

Hi @red

Sorry for the late reply… the antenna is for EU868. Is your problem solved now?

If you don’t have a spectrum analyzer, you can try to suspend the two antennas and keep them parallel, at a distance of about one meter. What is the RSSI value?

Hi
Now, it’s not solved. Parallel with 1m distance i have -106dB with the original antennas.

Which test library did you use?

LoRa Sender and LoRa Receiver from https://github.com/HelTecAutomation/ASR650x-Arduino/tree/master/libraries/LoRa/examples/LoRaBasic

Can you please try exchange the sender and receiver? And have a look the RSSI

ah, this change a lot, -53dB @ 2m

One is broken (receive circuit part)… Maybe the antenna part is in poor contact.

Anyway, you can try the distance test with the stronger signal.