Cubecell and DS18B20

Please add a vext down at the end of setup.
And enable vext atcthe start of txprepare and disable it at the end.
Vext wont stay on when the devices sleeps

It’s working :slight_smile: Thanks a lot Wasn :slight_smile:
now I still need to get a second sensor on same board to send data…
and troubleshoot why I can’t get it to work on the dev kit… only on the capsulo

/Harri

you can try to use a different gpio on the dev board.
gpio1 should normally work but perhabs this pin has a failure on your board.
be shure to use 3.3V for powering the sensor, cause 5v could harm the gpio

I have another error… when compiling default example:

“C:\Users\javier\OneDrive - mail.ccsf.edu\Documentos\Arduino\libraries\DallasTemperature/DallasTemperature.cpp:446: undefined reference to `yield()’
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
exit status 1
Error compilando para la tarjeta CubeCell-Board(HTCC-AB01)”

Hello,
Using an oscilloscope , it is possible to read the content of the scratchpad area and write commands to the DS18B20 to retrieve the value of the tempertaure. I write below the link for one solution among several to read temperature from DS18B20 without the OneWire library and perhaps the functions in this example will meet your needs.

Best regards.

Hello, greetings from Mexico.
Here I bring you what worked for me and where the error seems to be because the DS18B20 sensor does not work initially.
If you have previously worked with the DS18B20 sensor, it is obvious that you must already have the onewire.h library installed. This is where the error occurs. When you install everything related to the CubeCell, there are some libraries edited to work with it, and one of them is onewire.h. If I remember correctly, this is here:
C:\Users\Luis\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\CubeCell\hardware\CubeCell\1.1.0\libraries

The Arduino IDE is calling by default the one you had previously installed and it does not work with the Cube Cell. Therefore what you have to do is remove it from your libraries. The one you have to remove is here:
C:\Users\Luis\Documents\Arduino\libraries

I hope this will help you, it took me two days doing tests and reading to make my sensor work, lol =).

Greetings

1 Like

Hi Luis
I had the same problem (display -127).
I have now used the onewire.h from Heltec and everything works. Thank you for your tip