CubeCell AB01 stuck on reset

Hello,
I have an issue about module AB01 getting stuck on reset.

The sensor is sending data with ACK and everything is working fine for months.

When the gateway is turned off (I do not control the gateway) I detect the missing ACK and after few retry I do call HW_Reset(0) just in case something is not working properly (this will also trigger a re-join)

Of course if the gateway goes down for a long time (sometime a week) the cycle is repeating multiple times (reboot, send data, missed ack, reboot) and I do have some delays to mitigate battery consumption.

The issue I see is that sometime after many reset the chip does not execute reset call anymore and it is “stuck” forever. I need to powercycle (manually) and everything works fine again.

did you ever see something similar? maybe there was a specific bugfix that I missed in the tree?

thanks

hi.

Maybe you need add a detection mechanism for the downlink on your node’s code. If your node don’t receive the downlink for the gateway(or servers) for a Long time(Or you set the number of times),the node will enter the lowpower mode. And you set the sleep time.

After the node wakes up, it starts to work normally(Consider whether to re-join the network according to the actual situation). Then repeat this cycle.

Hi Jason,

that is exactly what I already do.
:slight_smile:

the issue seems that after many attempt to join (with failure because the gateway is down) the RF part of the CubeCell goes in a weird state.

sometime the device DOE NOT reboot itself.

sometime the device DOES REBOOT but it does not send out any JOIN message (I’m checking with an RF scanner)

in those situations if I powercycle the device works immediately.

like if the soft reset does not actually “reset” the psoc / sx chip properly…
:frowning: