Cube Cell AB02S LoRa only

I recently purchased a Cube Cell HTCC-AB02S and I want to use it in my local LoRa network (no LoraWan). I’m using another board (heltec_wifi_lora_32_V2) to receive simple packets and it works with other heltec lora boards of the same type. It will not receive simple “ping pong” transmissions from the AB02S board. I am ready to return the board as “defective or unusable”.

Will the AB02S work with my simple LoRa network? If so, where can I get test code?

As I recall, the thing that needed to be changed was the syncword setting. I’ve not used the AB02S, but I
do have the various incarnations of the WiFi LoRa 32, Wireless Stick Lite, CubeCell and CubeCell Plus Dev-Baords all talking LoRa happily together. See here for configuration details.

Thank you for your reply.
I have been experimenting with local LoRa programs for about 6 months now with bme280 sensors transmitting the data to another device. These experiments were using two MakerFocus (Heltec) ESP32 Development Board SX1262 863 928MHz LoRaWAN WiFi. Receivers and transmitter programs work fine.

Then I purchased the Cube Cell HTCC-AB02S and tried to get it to talk to the “Receiver Board” of the other Heltec board. No luck. I’m not using any sync word in the receiver, and I assume the test code from Heltec doesn’t default to any. If it does, then my receiver will not see it obviously.

I’m stuck and maybe I should return the AB02S device :frowning:

There will be a syncword in the configurations, it may just be being set by default. But if, as you say, your ESP32 boards have the SX1262 LoRa chip (they would be V3 boards then, rather than V2; if you really do have V2 boards, they will have the SX1276 LoRa chip, which historically uses a different LoRa library, so there’s a little bit of work to do to ensure that the configuration parameters are compatible) that’s the same as the CubeCell boards, so there shouldn’t be any problem.

If you have read the discussion in the link I posted above, and followed the relevant guidelines there, and things still aren’t working, you probably need to post the configuration parameters you are using for people to be able to help further.