Capsule Sensor GPS Issue

Just got my new Capsule Sensor V3 today with GNSS installed. The gps was not configured to be active, it was off. When I turn it on it flips back to off. Do I need a some specific pinout setting I need to add? I assumed this would be preconfigured to work out of the box… Any ideas on what settings are needed to get this going? I have 2 devices and both were configured the same… Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Is it using meshstick?

The GPS settings don’t appear to do anything… I played with it for ages and then it started working. I found that I had to push the power button 3 times to enable it… But then sometimes it just works and I do nothing. Essentially the version of meshtastic that it is loaded with is buggy and incomplete.

I’m having exactly this issue too. I bought three capsule sensors (all GNSS versions) and intend to use them as LoRaWAN sensors on something like Helium or TTN. I’ve tried one with the LoRaWAN firmware and it isn’t reporting any position data, and I’ve tried one with the meshtastic firmware and it won’t keep the GPS setting enabled (or report any position data)

both of mine started working even though the software said it wasn’t enabled. I am not sure exactly what I did to make it start working. I think it was using the web client to change the settings, or the triple push on the power button. I also changed it to “tracker” and since then all has worked well.

Latest firmware supports it now… https://meshtastic.discourse.group/t/heltec-capsule-sensor-v3/10638/49

Awesome – do you know if there’s any news about how to get it working in the “LoRaWAN” firmware rather than Meshtastic? I’m using mine with the Helium network and the Chirpstack LNS, and it won’t report any position data that I can see

no just using meshtastic myself