Can't Open up the LoRaWAN_151CC.ioc

I have received the demo code however, I can not open up the LoRaWAN_151CC.ioc without being asked to upgrade or continue. I rebuild the main.c file after the code gets rebuilt adding all the parts back in, in there respective places then the code hangs on LoRaMacInitialization( &LoRaMacPrimitives, &LoRaMacCallbacks ); It will some times send me into a never-ending loop. Any help or suggestions? The version of the IDE to run, code that is not going to get wiped out by ST CUBE IDE?

Hi oharkins,

well, I suppose you opened the .ioc the same way doing on native CubeIDE projects.
I recognized that opening, editing and then saving the .ioc (CubeMX)-file gets the main.c
wiped and then there is the “standard” main.c from the builder in CubeIDE.

So not touching the .ioc may be the right way.
I did all this on the latest demo-code and with CubeIDE 1.2.1, CubeMX 5.5.0 and
STM32L1-package 1.9.0. Perhaps you have to remove all L1-packages before 1.9.0 ?
I did that and then no “migrate”-info appears.

Doing all that brought me to a running demo with use_band_868 but no sucessful
join. I am using a sdr-frequency-analyzer to watch out for transmits , there are currently none.
With my cubecell I got a runing ttn-app without any probs - the lora_node_151
might be a little harder…

If you got some sucess, please post it here. Seems that there are no more users
with 868-band - so I hope you use this ?

Greetings,

Detlef

I have the device joining the TTN with OTAA and ABP. There code works for the 915 bands. however if you want to start adding the ADC into the mix so that I can read an analog sensor, I need to open the file. I looked around and was hopping that I could just use there battery voltage code, however that is not in any way working. The ADC is not in any why set up in the demo code. My hope is that I can take the Lora files and go from there. The arduino options are not viable for my project as I am needing the super low power that this chip provides.

We will add a ADC read example to the example code in the next few days.

@Supporter,

Perhaps it will help, if you state out which version of CubeIDE and CubeMX can be used
with the example code.

I tried out CubeMX 5.2.1 (as mentioned in the information when opeing the .ioc) and as IDE
CubeIDE 1.0.2/1.1.0 - the code can’t not be compiled…

A little more help from the heltec-side is very much appreciated…

Greetz,

Detlef

I am using version 1.2.1 and it compiles normally.

Well, thanks for your information.

May I ask you which version of CubeMX and which version of the firmware-libs in CubeMX
for the STM32L151 you are using ?

And may I also ask you which LoRa-band you are using? Perhaps there may be a problem.

Compiling is running mostly fine, only some complaints about a double definition of Min(a, b) etc. .
As this is defined into the heltec-file and also in the ST-Middleware-defintions for USB.

So I suppose this gives me a crashing USB-stack - debugging gives here some hints.

Thank you for your help.

Greetz,

Detlef

Yes it complies fine if you don’t touch anything, however, I need to be able to read sensors and in order to set that up, opening the .ioc file is how that is normally done. I have the demo sending out TTN packets and I can see them. The problem arises when one wants to add an ADC, or SPI2. connection. One thing I am curious about is if Heltec used the .ioc to build this or if they did it with out it? Knowing a version of the IDE there are using would help me know how programming has to be done.

@oharkins
Which band are you using ?

And please can you tell me what options you activated on the path and symbols-part ?

Thanks,

Detlef

USE_BAND_915 I delete any and all other ones that say USE_BAND, if you look through the code you will see that only one should be active at time. That is all I changed as far as the settings in the symbols-part. There not real clear that you must delete and re-add there is not a option to edit.