ASR6502 footprint?

Hi @Aaron I am about to order some more breakout PCBs (and modify them a bit) that I have for the Cubecell modules. It’s just a pads->holes breakout board, but useful for me right now as I prototype and test, I don’t need the sophistication of the dev board.

I know the ASR6502 has another UART but does that imply more pins/different sizing? Or are some pins just usable as UARTs or GPIOs, so it’s all the same.

I’m asking because I’ll order many more breakout boards if it’s the ~same pinout/size, and you know the price difference between ordering 10 versus 20 or more is very little.

Thanks,
Bruce

Hi @bwooce

Just back to work two days ago… but our factory and some cooperation factories still not resume production.

The ASR6502 project is in processing. The ASR6502 is a little bigger than 6501, and more resource, so the final layout is not the same as 6501.

Welcome back @Aaron I’m glad you’re okay. The economic impact of this virus is unfortunate and the impact will ripple for a long time yet, but the human side has to come first.

Thanks for the confirmation that the footprint is different between the 650x’s. I’ll order some of my breakouts (and some more Cubecell modules to go with them) and wait patiently. I’m thinking about adding a ATECC608A Secure Element to it (since they’re cheap at ~$1) and it solves more of the key management/personalisation issue (see the TTN Join Server announcement)

Good luck with the 6502 project, keen to see the result.