Anyone got VEML6075 working?

Was anyone successful in making CubeCell work with UV sensor VEML6075? Adafruit or SparkFun libraries don’t seem to work. Thanks.

When sensors work not together with the cubecell-core (arduino), the best way ist to use no library and use direct the i2C-Bus!

E_T

Thanks but I can’t even get the initial reading of the sensor ID (command 0xC should return 0x26) using the Wire library (which is used successfully in conjunction with other sensors). The sensor works fine with ESP32 and the CubeCell works with BME280 so this doesn’t look like hardware failure either of the sensor or the board. Wonder if I need to change the bus frequency or do some other unusual configuration change first.

Looks like the Wire library for CubeCell as I get it through the Boards Manager (CubeCell Development Framework 1.1.0) is not up to date, this thread brings up some problems and their fixes that didn’t make it yet into the latest board release.

Having said that, after applying those fixes manually VEML6075 still doesn’t work for me.

Hey,
As I said in my post, the changes I made there replaces the always stop+start with always restart - which might be problematic.
I’ve since made a fix that restores the selection between stop + start and restart(you can find it here),
but I also saw that the latest version in Heltec’s github has this issue sorted(or, at least, it seemed this way).

Thanks for chiming in. I ended up copying the latest github Wire.cpp file into my 1.1.0 CubeCell Framework. Meanwhile, Adafruit also updated one of the libraries their VEML6075 library builds on top of. Put all together, the sensor actually produces a reading now. It’s night here so I don’t have much UV around to check the number for sanity but looks promising.