AB02 I2C + Deep Sleep

Hi,

I am using a AB02 module paired with two I2C sensors. I started with the LoRaWan example sketch and integrated both sensors and it works great. Now I am working to get the sleep current down to 11uA as expected, but I am running into issues and I cannot get below 240uA.

I tested the board with the basic deep sleep sketch with no other connections and confirmed I can achieve 11uA deep sleep so I know the board is good.

Both of the I2C sensors are powered down by a MOSFET (existing board design) that is turned on or off by a GPIO pin. Both SDA and SCL do each have a 10k pull up resistor on the custom board. I have confirmed that power is being removed from the sensors while sleeping so this is not the source of the current drain.

I notice that when the module is sleeping (and sensors have power removed by MOSFET) both SDA and SCL have a voltage of 2.25V. I believe this is the source of the added current while sleeping.

I am not sure if this is a software issue or hardware issue…

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

[EDIT] Figured it out. I am using the AB02 because it is what I have on hand, but I intend on using the AB01. I switched my two I2C sensors over to SDA1 and SDL1 and called Wire.begin(GPIO9,GPIO8,100000);. As a result, I am now sleeping at 3.4uA.

Since the OLED is on the main I2C, I think this was causing issues which is why I switched to the other I2C to resolve the issue.

In this case what code are you using and what instruction do you use to call the GPIO”