AB01 LoRa dependent on Vext?

Hi All,

I was playing around with LoRaWanMinimal_APP and got rid of all of the code that is using LED and serial printing.
I did it as I am building a wrapper around it.
In my project I am turning off Vext when configuration is such that the user doesn’t want any LED do be lit.

I have spotted that whenever I turn off Vext I can’t pass joinABP() call, whereas it is working when Vext is turned on.

Is there any dependency of any LoRa-related code from SDK to Vext being enabled?

Thanks for a hint if any.

Grzegorz

It is recommended to use lorawan’s program to give it a try.

Hello @navi,

Thank you for your response.
Could you elaborate more on your proposal? What do you exactly mean?
What shall I do and what would be the answer for my question regarding LoRa module and Vext?

Grzegorz

vext does not affect lora.

As can be seen from the schematic diagram, Vext is equivalent to a branch of 3.3V, and the switch of Vext is controlled by the MOS tube, which has nothing to do with the LoRa part.
https://resource.heltec.cn/download/CubeCell/HTCC-AB01/HTCC-AB01_SchematicDiagram.pdf

Thanks all for your answers,

I was suspecting that maybe internally GPIO6 might be responsible for some interaction.

I will investigate more where is the issue - unfortunately absence of working SWD makes it a bit harder.

Grzegorz

I’d like to get back with a feedback on the problem.

The issue I’ve observed was caused by other problem.
By board has attached external GPS receiver and is powered from the Vext.
To support communication I am using softSerial implementation which is enabling interrupt on RX pin.
When Vext was shut down a garbage appeared on RX pin causing endless interrupt trigerring leading to program stall.

A remedy was to write a wrapper class allowing for disabling and re-opening communication which takes care of the interrupt setup. After that it is possible to turn off the GPS power (Vext) and keep the program runing.

Best regards
Grzegorz

Hi, i’m brazilian student and i want do the same thing and i’ve the same problem. Could you show how to write a wrapper class to control de Vext pin to torn off, torn on a GPS?

i are use a cubecell HTCC-AB01 with a beitian GPS BN220