I have written this warning as BEFORE anyone uses a CubeCell capsule. They should be aware that the GITHUB and Heltec Site Diagram of the PINOUT currently does not show clearly the correct orientation . So the sensor can be placed wrongly if you look at the actual capsule and the diagram. The diagrams should have a White spot which is next to the RST button to indicated the correct orientation of the connection block.
For information my Capsule has come with:
- SENSOR INCORRECTLY FITTED . I had to seek help from GipsyBlue for his connection on his sensors. Not sure what damage that has done.
- MY CAPSULE HAD BATTERY FITTED AND WAS TOTALLY FLAT . Not good for any battery. Very large current draw when 5v added to “vs” connection to try to recover it.
- NO USB INTERFACE BOARD SUPPLIED – so cannot program
HELTEC ACTION :
- Need to urgently amend drawing on this site and GitHub, so white dot shown and clearly mark where sensor are connected to prevent errors. As in my case sensor put in wrong at production of Distributor.
- Make use that all capsule orders have a USB interface board to program them and make clear to dealers and distributor’s this fact and make clear in sale material that the unit is supplied with board to program.
- Batteries in products while good, need to be able to not run flat and discharge beyond the safe point. Add a system to disable battery or allow the user to plug in battery when they configure.
- For me replace the unit and sensor with one that is working and can be programmed.
Heltec make good product like the CubeCell Board but the above lets down a good product and I would not buy again if it come in this state.