[RELEASE] CubeCell Series LoRa Node solution release!

• Based on ASR650x (ASR6501, ASR6502)
  • Fully Arduino-Compatible
  • Ultra low power design
  • LoRaWAN protocol support
  • Directly solar panel support

CubeCell Series summary: https://heltec.org/cubecell/
CubeCell Series Products: https://heltec.org/proudct_center/lora/cubecell/
CubeCell Arduino project: https://github.com/HelTecAutomation/ASR650x-Arduino

Any question about CubeCell is welcome to talk here. :grinning:

What does this mean? LoRaWAN is up to v1.1 right now, with most devices around 1.0.2/1.0.3.

(Nice product, have ordered a bunch)

I think there is a problem with our description. I mean porting based on this version of the code: https://github.com/Lora-net/LoRaMac-node/releases/tag/v4.4.1

Ah that makes sense Aaron, so it’d be better to say something like

Uses a LoRaWAN stack compliant with “LoRaWAN specification 1.0.2” and “LoRaWAN Regional Parameters v1.0.2rB”.

This is useful information. Even better if you plan to keep up to date with the LoRaMac releases as they’ll release 5.0 for LoRaWAN 1.1 soon, and people are already asking for 1.1 nodes (better security). Using a compliant stack is a real point of difference, and in an Arduino-programmed power-efficient small board with no “out of memory” issues like the 32u4 based boards.

Looking forward to getting my boards to put this all to the test.

When are the units shipping? Product page says October 8th, but my order status is still processing. Any updates?

@muzo178
Very sorry for the late packages.

We had started shipping in succession, but about the capsule sensor, we still not fully received the plastic case, and it will need to be shipped on October 15th.

Thank you for your understanding.

1 Like

Cube Cell Capsule sensors
Are there any plans for releasing the interface (circuit) for more sensors to to be designed by interested third parties ? Considering the physical dimensions of the Capsule??
In other words:
Is there a schematic for the Capsule version of the Cube Cell Capsule

Preparing because the threaded part may require minor modifications. Will be released after confirmation.

Now you can refer to the pin out diagram:

Thanks Aaron,

Guess we have to wait and see what the final container will look like. Considering the unique shape of the capsule package it does make business sense to expand the potential number of sensors that could work in the capsule shape environment - also a sales point!

i have made a little pcb for an mjmcu-8128 and an bme680.
Fits nicely in the capsule.
The sensor is shielded from the mcu board.

you can use this stl file for making a bigger cap for the sensor side of the capsule:

Thanks for sharing the interface file.

Please note that the link you provided is broken

TIA

Sorry, i have reorderd the files

Thanks for your prompt reaction! I owe you one

Haven spent hours searching for sensor packaging, I give you guys credit for such a fantastic job in creating such a package and presenting the Cube Cell Capsule.

Will it be possible to release the pcb design of the 4 sensors you are introducing now. Depending upon how you guys handle this product there is potential of creating a cult design/product here.

Also could you please confirm what solar panel you guys have tested on the Cube cell series - any recommendation of a particular solar product you guys have tested and like and thus recommend

Keep up the good work!

The sensors have only a little breakout board with minimal external components like i2c pullups.
All share the same 4pin header (Vext, GND, SCL, SDA) so they van be directly pluged in the capsule header.

I can use my own local loraserver.io with cubecell

if this is a question if you can use the CubeCells with your own loraserver than yes you can

OK good.
Where can I find information on how to enter the IP address of my local loraserver etc.

You cant.
Lorawan does not work with ips.
Your device need to connect to a gateway which will talk to your server