LoRaWAN.Sleep();

hehe, Funny you should say that. I have been looking at the same thing but sparkfun disscontinued it.

Hmm, even the Scope is reading lowe levels than i would have expected.

Using a 0.1 Ohm
Sleep mode is showing 0.058mv
Reading the sensor is 0.132mv
LoRa transmission is only 1.78mv

I do have the gateway sitting nearby in the same room and stuck a 30dBi attenuator on the antenna but that should not make too much of a diference.

Checking the battery voltage is also interesting. Battery was charged to 4.017V. over the last 12 hrs its dropped to 4.006V on a 900mah battery.

It would be so nice to have a device that you could just plug in, dial up your battery size and voltage then let it run and estimate the runtime of the system.

Its intersting looking at the process on the scope. on wake there is a BIG spike in power. I suspect this is the sensor surging. Then the read cycle.

But here is the really funky one, Big surge, read sensors, transmit the data then some weird glitches that look like an echo evey second after that that seem to deminsh

This is reading the power side because I was tryinhg to work out where I was going wrong with the power readings.

I have the uCurrent Gold. It does not really have the dynamic range for a device that takes under 50uA most of the time, with short pulses of 90mA or so when active. The Sparfun Coulomb counter is better(if you change the sense resistor - I used 0.2 Ohm to give a max current of 250mA if memory serves), but still not very accurate at low currents.
I may have another solution - Iā€™m working on it.

1 Like