I'm using your cool devices for a hiking mesh radio project

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

1 Like

Nice project!

In 2019, we designed a commercial LoRa + GPS project for our customers, which is very similar to what you do. But due to the constraints of the NDA contract, we cannot tell you more details now. When our users release terminal products, I will tell you more details. :grinning:

BTW. Is your project have frequency hoping and support?

re: your prior project
Understood :wink:

re: frequency hopping
not yet - I’m using out of the box radiohead for now, but that’s a good point. I’ll add it to the todolist. (Though it does have support for letting users change between channels and the duty cycle is super sparse)

Hi,

I just looked into using your cubecell boards in our meshtastic project.

Alas, the cubecell only has 16KB of RAM which is too tight for our application. Details here:

Any chance you’ll be making a cubecell or similar with a CPU with more RAM but still low power draw?

When CubeCell-GPS was first designed, I wanted to inform you. But thinking that your application needs a large RAM and FLASH size, I found that CubeCell-GPS may not be particularly suitable for you.

The advantages of CubeCell are its small size, low power consumption, and low cost. CubeCell is based on ASR Microelectronics ASR605x series chips, which is a highly integrated and ultra-low power SOC based on the PSoC 4000 series MCU (ARM Cortex M0+ Core) and Semtech SX1262 transceiver.

So the location for CubeCell is as the computing unit of data acquisition or controller in the IoT project and provides LoRa communication function.

1 Like

I’m consider an ESP32 + GPS board, how do you think about that? Fell free to express your ideas.

I think that sounds fine (ie something like a tbeam). But I would encourage you to consider the NRF52 series of CPUs instead of ESP32 for this sort of product: much lower power draw (and you can leave BLE on and still have a super long battery life), better BLE stack, better developer support in platformio (a great debugger over SWD).

1 Like