How do I get the ESP32 back to factory after I upload a bad sketch to it?

How do I get the ESP32 back to factory after I upload a bad sketch to it?

[HiLetgo ESP32 OLED WiFi Kit ESP-32 0.96 Inch Blue OLED Display WiFi+Bluetooth CP2012 Internet Development Board for Arduino ESP8266 NodeMCU]

Hi there

I don’t know which board you have. WiFi Kit 32? can you upload a picture of that?

In ArduinoIDE what is the difference between
WiFi Kit 32
WiFi LoRa 32
WiFi LoRa 32(V2)
Wireless Stick
Wireless Stick Lite

Which one do I have, or do I have all of them?

Choose WiFi Kit 32 in Arduino IDE, and download this code into your board:

If you had installed our Heltec ESP32 library correctly, you can find it in example directly:

BTW. Here is the install manual of how to install Heltec ESP32 development framework and relative library:
https://docs.heltec.cn/#/en/user_manual/how_to_install_esp32_Arduino

1 Like

Is there any chance that the current sketch Heltec esp32devboards- factory test-Wifi_kit_32_FactoryTest is defective with new boards or old ones? I bought a board on Amazon a few weeks ago, and I think it’s the new version. I’ve uploaded the sketch multiple times from the IDE, and the OLED on reboot keeps saying “Connecting…Failed”

Is this the same sketch that the board came with from the factory? If so, I should be seeing a list of the wifi networks.

You probably already resolved your issue by now, but for anyone else reading this:
the factory test code needs to be changed to reflect your actual ssid and password.